Current TV Alert

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: Current TV Alert

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Hathaway was back for the final episode, but indicating he was going to leave police work behind him.

My understanding is that Kevin Whately would be willing to come back for a special or two, but won't do it without Laurence Fox being there as well. He's also said that he'd never want LEWIS to go past the number of episodes of INSPECTOR MORSE. Morse stands at 33, and Lewis now stands at 27.

STRIKE BACK is good, but man is it ever intense in places. Almost too intense for me. I'm finding as I get older that I just can't take a high level of intensity any more.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:48 pm

I have to say, I'm really enjoying ENDEAVOUR! I'd even go so far to say that it's a better show than LEWIS. One more episode to go, and I already know that I'm really going to miss it being on, and am so glad to know there will be at least one more series of it coming in the future.

If this kind of quality keeps up, I really hope it goes for at least as many episodes as INSPECTOR MORSE did.

Although it does make me sad that Steely isn't here to see it - I think he would have loved it too. He loved INSPECTOR MORSE.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Last ever Poirot starring David Suchet appeared on ITV last week..
So look out for it.
Its a classic.
And quite sad as well..
But the little grey cells...

Poirot’s Last Case took place, like his first, at Styles, once a grand family house, now — in keeping with the melancholy mood — a rather seedy hotel. It also reunited Poirot with Captain Hastings (Hugh Fraser) who after 11 years proved as adept as ever at looking on with exasperated admiration and saying “I’m afraid you’ve lost me there, old chap”. Yet, anybody who feared that we were in for a back-slapping celebration of past triumphs needn’t have worried. After 24 years, 70 programmes and the triumphant realisation of David Suchet’s dream of covering every Poirot novel and short story, the series could certainly have been forgiven for bowing out in a burst of self-congratulatory glory.

That, however, has never been its style — or the secret of its success. While its main character has happily blown away on his own trumpet, the show itself has always gone about its business with a quiet, bravely unhurried and wholly effective commitment to Christie’s story-telling.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Sherlock has returned to the BBC.
Humour is sublime
Comedy asides. And dangerous foes..and huge terrorist plots..

EPISODE 2 will be The sign of three

And I say no more..
But sometimes i hate the BBC
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:01 pm

d.t.,

We get SHERLOCK in about two weeks (it comes on after DOWNTON ABBEY). We get POIROT this summer.

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:31 am

Once you see it come back to me..
And we can talk about why i love and hate the BBC..

D.T.
dreab trawets

Postby Slade » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:54 am

Will do.
Slade

Postby raasnio » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 pm

I haven't seen any of the new Sherlock episodes yet. Just the first 2 seasons. Can't wait to watch, though.

Currently watching The Curse of Oak Island.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 6428,d.cWc
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Only 3 episodes of sherlock this time..but excellent way to end and set up another series.
And a good plot line running throughout.

Third episode was brilliant..
Nicely tied in plot point s from other two.
And second episode has a brilliant locked room mystery.

Will say no more..

Enjoy ladies and gents.
dreab trawets

Postby raasnio » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:17 am

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing it. Once I track it down of course.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio

Postby SickThing » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

dreab trawets wrote:Only 3 episodes of sherlock this time..

Just FYI, each series has only had 3 episodes per series.

Hunter
SickThing

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm

raasnio, it's on PBS this Sunday, right after DOWNTON ABBEY on Masterpiece Theatre.

The next two seasons of SHERLOCK are blocked out, but the two stars have heavy film commitments, and Moffat is also the show runner on DR. WHO.

The other British series I love is LUTHER. Three seasons and a must-watch.

Then comes BROADCHURCH and GEORGE GENTLY (a great detective series set in the 1960s).

On the American side of the Pond, I'm hooked on BANSHEE, TRUE DETECTIVE, SONS OF ANARCHY, and JUSTIFIED.

Slade
Slade

Postby raasnio » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:27 am

Slade wrote:raasnio, it's on PBS this Sunday, right after DOWNTON ABBEY on Masterpiece Theatre.

The next two seasons of SHERLOCK are blocked out, but the two stars have heavy film commitments, and Moffat is also the show runner on DR. WHO.

The other British series I love is LUTHER. Three seasons and a must-watch.

Then comes BROADCHURCH and GEORGE GENTLY (a great detective series set in the 1960s).

On the American side of the Pond, I'm hooked on BANSHEE, TRUE DETECTIVE, SONS OF ANARCHY, and JUSTIFIED.

Slade

I watch Luther & Sherlock.

I'll see if I can set my DVR to get the new episodes of Sherlock. Thank you.
raasnio

Postby Mbwun » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:42 pm

DT ...

Have you watched any of this THE MUSKETEERS show? It's going to start airing on BBC Canada, and I'm wondering whether it's any good. It gets a pretty high rating on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2733252/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I managed to catch the first one.
Lots of swashbuckling and tries to remain faithful ish to the story.

Missed the rest.

Let me know what you think...

You seen the new top gear yet??
They did a two part special about building a bridge in Burma.

Very very good
dreab trawets

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media