Slade Art update

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Slade Art update

Postby PohlSE » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:15 am

Some of you may know that I have been working on a ground up redesign on the Slade Art site. Well I’ve scrapped the redesign idea for the time being and instead I am adding a few tweaks and changes to the current site. The biggest change, so far, is the addition of the powerful Lightbox 2.0 JavaScript for displaying the images, which is up and running right now. I’ll be making more little additions over the next few weeks, some will be visible and some will be strictly code. If you notice anything screwy let me know. I’d also like to hear what you guys think of the Lightbox display.

Slade Art

Let’s get some new art coming! I’d still like to see some movie posters ideas, and is it ever too soon to start generating art about the NEXT Special X book? We’ve been given a few clues, let’s start putting them together with wild speculation and getting some Special X #13 images!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Mbwun » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:15 pm

I'll try to get something done for the site, but it may take a while. I've got "The Gimp" downloaded on my computer and I'm trying to muddle through some of the basics of how it operates. (I only just barely know how to use MS Paint). But the Photoshoppers that hang out on the Fark Photoshop and Audio Edit Forum are helping me out with that.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:39 pm

PohlSE,

I think that looks great. Nice and sharp.

It's too soon yet, but when you finally get a peek at #13, believe me, your imagination will go wild.

Wild.

Wild.

Wild.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mafus » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:27 pm

At one point, I was toying with the idea of doing a web-comic adaptation of HEADHUNTER in the style of my Mountie avatar to surprise Slade. Even did some preliminary character sketches of Blake (That was fun.) and downloaded a ton of visual reference. My own laziness and the announcement of the film adaptation ground that to a halt, though. Maybe I'll turn that energy into something a little less ambitious and send/post that instead.
"I know you gentleman have been through a lot but, when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter...TIED TO THIS @#%&ING COUCH!!!"
Mafus

Postby Slade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:31 am

Mafus,

Do something. I'd love to see it.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:47 am

I'm still trying to get my head around how this "The Gimp" thingee operates.

I'd love to get working on a movie poster, (or if we had a teeny bit of info about #13, a cover for that *hint, hint, hint*), if I could figure this thing out.

Is there anyone here that knows much about how The Gimp operates? I need all the help I can get.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:44 am

Mbwun,

That sporadic flickering of the lights and occasional brown-out is caused by me hard at work the good doctor's lab. Hints could cause the townfolk to take up pitchforks.

When you hear me gibber "It's alive!", that will be the time for clues.

Slade
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:44 am

:lol: :lol: You weren't reading This brill book were you.!? that's his second book,
:

his First being.
:

You did say
When you hear me gibber"It's alive!"
didn't you.!?

If you like Mr. Sherlock Holmes, you'll love this series, his publishers dub it Bond meets Sharp.! The Bow Street Runners are in there as well. :D
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby PohlSE » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Mbwun,

I've never used gimp so the only help I can offer is the official gimp tutorial page:

Gimp Help

I hope that helps a little.

I was recently asked to gather some of my junk together and submit it to a local digital art show, so I'm going to be mostly out of pocket for another week. Once I get that behind me I'll do a bit more research on gimp (if you still need it) and see what I can learn about it.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby ALWFTW » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Mafus wrote:At one point, I was toying with the idea of doing a web-comic adaptation of HEADHUNTER in the style of my Mountie avatar to surprise Slade. Even did some preliminary character sketches of Blake (That was fun.) and downloaded a ton of visual reference. My own laziness and the announcement of the film adaptation ground that to a halt, though. Maybe I'll turn that energy into something a little less ambitious and send/post that instead.

Sounds like something you SHOULD try!
As for GIMP... I've never heard of it. I am fluid in photoshop.. i'm going to check it out.
ALWFTW

Postby PohlSE » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Ok Sladists, Slade Art 3.0 is online.

The Kamikaze art has been moved to the wallpaper section and a new section is up for Crucified. I don't have anything for Crucified yet so I am just displaying the cover.

The site is larger and uses more JavaScript than before (to cast reflections mainly).

I hope you will all help me in generating some new Fan Art for Crucified.

Thanks.

Slade Art 3.0
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Wayne R. » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Hang on...
Something's stirring in my art box. I can hear pencils rattling.
"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby krista in ma » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 am

~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby PohlSE » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:07 am

Great job Krista!

I've got both of them online!

Wayne,

I can't wait to see your Crucified fan art!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Wayne R. » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Don't know about finished stuff, I lack the time to set up space and devote hours to just drawing & painting. I was just salivating at taking a shot at that knife from Headhunter...
"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Next

Return to Multi-Media