[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Slade Art update

Slade Art update

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby PohlSE » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 am

When the idea for the comic covers came up this was the very first one I envisioned:

It's a little more 'Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D' than the others but I don't care, I like it.

The reason it has taken this long is that I had to build the thermal lance in Photoshop from disparate parts and then blend them into the rest of the image smoothly. The only "real" thermal lance part is the handle/valve that I downloaded from a parts supplier. I know it looks like the hose is misplaced but according to the technical specs I read the hose connects to the side and that nub on the end of the handle is a pressure release valve.

This comic cover also represents the last of my initial ideas for comic covers. So at least for tomorrow I am going to be trying to nail down some concepts for the remaining titles...

...Unless you guys want to toss me some ideas and I'll see what has sticking power.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby PohlSE » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby EZ Rhino » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:06 pm

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby PohlSE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:40 pm

I hadn't thought about the pit crew thing. You're right it does look a bit like that.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby PohlSE » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:32 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby krista in ma » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:53 am

~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 pm

Ok, how about this instead:

I darkened the stick in her neck, stitched up her mouth, filmed over her eyes, and splashed more blood on her face and stump.

Did I go too far in the other direction, or does this do the trick?

If this one works I'll replace the other one entirely.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Last edited by PohlSE on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby e_taylor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:45 pm

We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. - HP Lovecraft in From Beyond
e_taylor

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:59 pm

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby EZ Rhino » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby PohlSE » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Ok, we're two to one for the second one.

In the meantime here's Kamikaze:

Getting the people to fly apart was a pain in the rear. I basically had to teach myself a totally new technique.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby PohlSE » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:30 am

No one is voting...

The final count is three to one for the second version.

While we wait for last minute voters here's Crucified:

Since Crucified isn't a Special X novel I changed the logo and called it a first issue.

Now I have to figure out something for Swastika... And I don't have the foggiest yet.

PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 am

Good stuff, PohlSE,

"Have gun, Will travel" read the card of a man..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZzY6KZuLUo

Slade
Slade

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media