What do you have playing on your CD player/MP3 player?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

What do you have playing on your CD player/MP3 player?

Postby Syl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Thought maybe we could talk about what ear candy we're into... maybe turn each other on to some new stuff....
Right now, my heavy rotation albums are-

Ziltoid the Omniscient- Devin Townsend
Kilyakai- 3 Song EP
Killfloor Records Blues Sampler #1
Best of Mark Knopfler and Dire Straights
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer- Brain Salad Surgerey
I am the dawning of a new age
Syl

Postby Slade » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Syl,

I have BRAIN SALAD SURGERY on vinyl, purchased when it was released:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Salad_Surgery

The album cover is considered one of the most memorable (and often disturbing) of its time. It features distinctive Giger monochromatic biomechanical artwork, integrating an industrial mechanism with a human skull and the new ELP logo (created by Giger). The lower part of the skull's face is covered by a circular "screen", which shows the mouth and lower face in its flesh-covered state. In the original LP release, the front cover was split in half down the center, except for the circular screen section (which was attached to the right half). Opening the halves revealed a painting of the complete face: a human female (modelled after Giger's wife ), with "alien" hair and multiple scars, including the infinity symbol and a scar from a frontal lobotomy. The two images of the woman are very similar, but the outer image (in the circle) contains what appears to be the top of a phallus below her chin, arising from the "ELP" column below (the second painting originally had the complete phallus, but this was removed at the insistence of the record company). The back cover was solid black with the album title in plain white lettering.

Giger was the visionist behind ALIEN.

Slade
Slade

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Been listening to few Audio-Books, and there's something to be said for Audio-Books too, :P and they were Jonathan Kellerman's'RAGE' and had well and truly me timbers shivered with two narrators Male and Female, in an unabridged version of...'Dracula'. Brilliant :D

S
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby Syl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Being a little younger then you, Slade, by the time the album made it's way to my hands, it had been through many a rock and roll party, so it was pretty well destroyed.

But I'm one of those dying breed who still opens and reads liner notes while listening to the album, especially when it's a concept album like BSS or Ziltoid.

Many of the word's best musicians are artists in multiple fields, and it seems they travel in elite circles. I've seen this to a smaller extent around my city where I've been lucky enough to meet some of the the premier musicians in the area.
Syl

Postby PohlSE » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Been listening to old 'Suicidal Tendencies' and 'Flotsam and Jetsam'.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Syl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02 pm

That's funny... I never really stopped listening to ST.... seems they have a song to suit whatever my mood
Syl

Postby PohlSE » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Syl wrote:That's funny... I never really stopped listening to ST.... seems they have a song to suit whatever my mood

I never "stop" stopped, but I listen to bands in binges depending on my moods. I'll binge on Megadeth for a while then binge on Motorhead or what-have-you... I just happen to be in an 80ies hardcore mood lately so I've been wearing out STs (and Flots.) first album.

Next ones I try wear out will probably be Fistful of Metal (Anthrax), Screaming for Vengeance (Judas Priest).
PohlSE
Webmaster

music

Postby bloodyhands » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:53 am

I have Dragonlord (two members of Testement are in it), Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, Chrome Division, Danzig, Black Sabbath(Dio years and best of with Tony Martin I like Sabbath with Ozzy also) Torture Killer, Burnt Offering and Nightwish
bloodyhands

Postby SickThing » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Currently, the new Journey album that just came out today at Wal-Mart. Great stuff! Their new singer is incredible.
SickThing

Postby raasnio » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 am

And One - Bodypop

Skinny Puppy - Mythmaker

Destroid - Loudspeaker

Portishead - Third

Kone - Cirrhotic Psychotic

My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - The Filthiest Show In Town
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Re: music

Postby raasnio » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:11 am

bloodyhands wrote:I have Dragonlord (two members of Testement are in it), Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, Chrome Division, Danzig, Black Sabbath(Dio years and best of with Tony Martin I like Sabbath with Ozzy also) Torture Killer, Burnt Offering and Nightwish

How does Dragonlord compare to Testament?
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby steelclaw32 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:32 am

Being chilled to the bone time again for me :lol: .

Listening to the audio-book version of John Sanford's...
Secret Prey

It's the ninth book in the Prey series.
:

Lord I've not even read the first one yet!, one thing lads/ies, it's true the saying "hell hath no fury", only the person's not so much scorned, but is ROYALLY pissed and diabolically clever, and yes, evil...VERY. :shock:
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Re: music

Postby bloodyhands » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:11 am

raasnio wrote:
bloodyhands wrote:I have Dragonlord (two members of Testement are in it), Annihilator, Cannibal Corpse, Chrome Division, Danzig, Black Sabbath(Dio years and best of with Tony Martin I like Sabbath with Ozzy also) Torture Killer, Burnt Offering and Nightwish

How does Dragonlord compare to Testament?[/quote

Ok I forget the two members of Testement that are in it I'll have to look it up again. Ok speaking for myself I like Dragonlord better but they are like night and day so different. One of the members of testement wanted to do something darker than Testement would allow so he formed a Black Metal style band. It has the harsh Black Metal vocals and music on most of it but some songs slow down and sing melodically.
bloodyhands

other music

Postby bloodyhands » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 am

I love a lot of forms of music other than metal also I like 50's music (Rockabilly,Doowop etc) I love Roots Regae, Blues, Country, Rap, Whatever sounds good to me I listen to.
bloodyhands

Postby Wayne R. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 am

On a bit of a Foo Fighters jag at the moment, only just got round to watching/listening to the Hyde Park concert DVD I was given at Christmas.
Making it iPod-able's been an ordeal, eventually ripped it to MP3 but it came out as a single two hour long track. Once it's split up into individual songs, it should keep me headphone-happy for a week or two.
"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Next

Return to Multi-Media