What do you have playing on your CD player/MP3 player?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Postby Bombz Away » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm

Steve Stevens - Memory Crash :D

On MP3 player a strange assortment - its on shuffle so its quite a surprise now and then - especially when there's stuff I don't recall loading on it..... :D
Bombz Away

Postby moonflee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Been listening to the new Weezer album.
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Postby B.C._scream_queen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Just heard a track from the new Weezer on my way home and it was not bad.

The Tragically Hip, Locked In The Trunk of A Car is currently on my MP3. I love that song!
B.C._scream_queen

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 pm

Started in on this audio-book of this :

I've the book proper, but I do like to have a (good) book read to me as well, on occasion/s. :)
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby steelclaw32 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 pm

Started this:

I've not got the book, and as a rule not even a Chrichton fan!, I was downloading a John Sandford 'Prey' audio-book' and copped afore chap as well. Interesting story though.

In the Nevada desert, an experiment has gone horribly wrong. A cloud of nanoparticles -- micro-robots -- has escaped from the laboratory. This cloud is self-sustaining and self-reproducing. It is intelligent and learns from experience. For all practical purposes, it is alive.

It has been programmed as a predator. It is evolving swiftly, becoming more deadly with each passing hour.

Every attempt to destroy it has failed.

And we are the prey

From Publishers Weekly :
The concept of nanotechnology can be traced back to a 1959 speech given by physicist Richard Feynman, in which he offered to pay $1,000 to "the first guy who makes an operating electric motor... which is only 1/64-inch cube." Today the quest is to make machines that would be about 1,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair. Enter Jack Forman, a recently unemployed writer of predator/prey software, whose nearly absentee wife, Julia, is a bigwig at a tech firm called Xymos. When a car accident hospitalizes Julia, Xymos hires Jack to deal with problems at their desert nanotechnology plant. The techies at this plant have developed nanomachines, smaller than dust specks, which are programmed with Jack's predator/prey software. Not only is a swarm of those nanomachines loose and multiplying, but they appear to be carnivorous. The desert swarms are the least of Jack's worries, however, as the crew inside the plant are not entirely what they seem. Like Jurassic Park, this "it could happen" morality tale is gripping from the start, and Wilson's first-person reading as Jack sets the pace. His confident, flinty voice and his no-nonsense delivery makes this a solid presentation of a high-speed techno-thriller. Crichton gives the audio an air of sobering authenticity by reading its cautionary foreword himself.
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:06 am

I'm going to give myself treat tomorrow with an audio-book which I downloaded some months ago, I have the book itself but not read in years. it's not the cover I've got but here's the book proper... :D
:

He is said to be the Father of the detective novel.

It's narrated by Peter Jeffrey. See http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0420312/ for info.
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby steelclaw32 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:18 pm

Well, I just started on the above. :D Niiiiice .
steelclaw32
steelclaw32

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm

How many of you will have this playing on your iPods?

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/01/chr ... ce_off.php
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Wayne R. » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 am

Just bought Pearl Jam's new one, Backspacer. Heard a track on the radio a while back (Just Breathe) and thought I'd pick it up when I saw a copy. The meeting of funds, thought and CD on shelf can take a long time to happen, but I'm glad it eventually did. Outstanding, and I'm not normally much of a fan.
For your consideration, here's a link to an almost perfect live rendition of the track that made me buy the CD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0mhrqfeFjQ

In other news...
The new Madness CD's pretty good, too.
And I've unknowingly copied steelclaw32 wholesale by buying my first audiobook. A Michael Crichton, no less: State Of Fear. A colleague has more of these on his iPod than music, for that long commute to work. Taking his lead for the long drive at the weekend is working out pretty well so far.
"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby raasnio » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:42 am

Wayne R. wrote:And I've unknowingly copied steelclaw32 wholesale by buying my first audiobook. A Michael Crichton, no less: State Of Fear. A colleague has more of these on his iPod than music, for that long commute to work. Taking his lead for the long drive at the weekend is working out pretty well so far.

I may just have to get that one as well. I haven't heard or read the last two Crichton books. I recall him mentioning State of Fear.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby PohlSE » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Band: Black Mountain
Album: In The Future
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Judy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:14 am

Actually I've been buying and downloading audiobooks more lately than I have music . . . I bought another iPod for my growing collection - 160 Gb. - that will be able to store everything I already have plus more additions to my growing audiobook library . . . audiobooks take up more space than eBooks do . . . but I read eBooks on my iTouch and listen to them on my iPod . . .

And raasnio - may I suggest that you listen to Crichton's book NEXT in audio format? I found it very entertaining . . .
:)
Last edited by Judy on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judy

Postby Bombz Away » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Currently listening to

Jace Everett - Red Revelations and I am liking it!! NICE!!
Bombz Away

Postby Wayne R. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:42 am

"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby Bombz Away » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 pm

NICE!!!!
Bombz Away

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media