Basic rules and other things, technical or otherwise

Please read before posting

Basic rules and other things, technical or otherwise

Postby specialx » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:44 pm

Let me write some very simple, basic rules. As many of you know, some rules are already stated on the website http://www.specialx.net <menu -- Forum>, but I thought I could repeat them here.

1) Username: please refrain from using URL as usernames such as www.backdoorpirates.org or www.holyvirusbatman.net. These handles will be deleted automatically.

2) I encourage you to create interesting topics in each of the forums.

3) Please try to respect the topic of each forum so as not to make things confusing for everybody.

4) Use good taste. I will delete any comment or topic / thread that are derogatory, racist, or violent in nature.

I'm sure more will come to my mind.

Suggestions are always welcome.

Eric

specialx
Site Admin

Postby specialx » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:48 pm

Ok,

So the new look sounds good to everybody.
Get acquanited with the new buttons. I had trouble knowing how I was really logged in until I checked the "Login" button above. If it says "Logout", it means you are truly logged in.
If you login and the button stays "Login", repeat the process until it really shows "Logout". The glitch is discussed in another topic in the forum.

Some may also need to adjust their monitor brightness (i.e. + bright).

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Threads / topics moving

Postby specialx » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:41 am

Please, pay attention to threads / topics that may move into another forum (this was mentioned in a previous post).

My co-administrator, MarylandManson, and I will contact the creator(s) of the thread(s) to be moved before doing so. The tag MOVED will be visible next to the moved thread.

As they say in law end enforcement, this is standard procedure.

Thanks!

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby MarylandManson » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:11 pm

Folks: Please keep in mind a couple things when posting long pieces of narrative. First, especially when posting others' writing, it's important to be aware of copyright issues. Second, the longer the text, the more server space used to store the posts.

The best way to cover all bases and share narrative that you think others might enjoy is to link to a source outside this site.

Thank you! MM
MarylandManson
co-administrator

Postby Slade » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:39 am

Sladists,

I get very nervous when I see chunks of other writer's fiction posted on the site. Agatha Christie died in 1977, so surely her work is still under copyright. I know you posters mean well, but in the future please just direct us to the link, so that any possible infringement will be someone else's problem.

With that in mind, I think the rule should apply to ALL fiction...even the old stuff.

So I know you'll understand and respect why I'm going to ask the Administrators to delete all fiction postings from the site.

Rules is rules...or there's chaos.

And, I AM a lawyer.

Slade
Slade

Return to Forum Rules & Updates