Weird fact of the day....

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Re: Weird fact of the day....

Postby Mbwun » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:57 pm

If you ever think mythology is boring ...

Just remember that Cerberus, the hellhound and guard dog of the Underworld, comes from the root Indo-European word kerberos, which evolved into the Greek word kerberos, which got changed to cerberus when it went from Greek to Latin.

Kerberos means "spotted".

That's right ...

Hades, Lord of the dead, literally named his pet dog Spot.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Mosquitoes in Canada are considered more deadly than the ones in Chile.

Chilean mosquitoes have not known to carry any virus.

Canadian mosquitoes have been confirmed to carry the West Nile Fever..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:32 am

One of the first written uses of OMG..

check out the date bottom right
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 am

Got to love English law expressions.
There there is something similar in Canadian law..
It was changed from the below to
'Ordinary hurried purchase'

I give you a definition of.

Moron in a hurry

A moron in a hurry is a hypothetical person against whom a claimant's concern might be judged in a civil law action for passing off or trademark infringement. The expression is used to reject a claim that two items could reasonably be confused by a passer-by: that "only a moron in a hurry" would be confused. If the items offered for sale are distinct, the goodwill and brand of one trader cannot be affected by another's.
dreab trawets

Previous

Return to Random Notes