R.I.P. steelclaw32

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Postby krista in ma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 pm

jellybelly wrote:I probably don't have the right to view or post on this topic as i didn't know him / her but i wanted to offer my condolences anyway.

I know it's not the same but me and my wife lost a child towards the end of last year, still haven't got over it to be honest even though we where told it's ok because it technically wasn't a life yet, sorry but WE considered it a life !!

Steelclaw was a force to behold on the boards before he passed away. He could have an intelligent and lively (sometimes heated as well - but always the first to smooth things over!) discussion about anything and everything. He had a quick wit and charm that was contagious.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your child. However you feel is what's important in a situation such as yours. Those who tell you otherwise... shame on them.
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby Mbwun » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:33 am

I'm very sorry you had to go through the experience of losing a child too.

Simon (steelclaw32) would have been able to relate to your sadness. His wife died of a brain hemorrhage when she was pregnant with twins. He lost all three of them.

Although I had a very close online relationship with him, I always knew that Helen would forever be the love of his life.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Re: R.I.P. steelclaw32

Postby jellybelly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks guys. And that must have been awful what he went through...you know, all these people who complain or go on about trivial things in their own lives don't realise what they have, that has saddened me reading that, i wish i would have joined the board a lot sooner, besides my mum and my wife i haven't discussed our loss with any body really...
jellybelly

Postby raasnio » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:40 pm

No one can tell another how they should feel about the loss of someone in their life. Friend, family, mentor, etc. Those who are important to us never truly leave. We just can't forget them.
The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H. P. Lovecraft
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Postby Judy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm

jellybelly wrote:Thanks guys. And that must have been awful what he went through...you know, all these people who complain or go on about trivial things in their own lives don't realise what they have, that has saddened me reading that, i wish i would have joined the board a lot sooner, besides my mum and my wife i haven't discussed our loss with any body really...

The loss of the expectation of a new life is always a sad event . . . even if your child didn't survive to be held in your arms doesn't mean that that life was any less precious. I worked as a nurse for 42yrs. and the past 20 exclusively with Intensive care babies who many never would have survived years ago . . . but each life is meaningful despite how long it lasts. Your baby will always survive in your memory . . .
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Judy wrote:
jellybelly wrote:Thanks guys. And that must have been awful what he went through...you know, all these people who complain or go on about trivial things in their own lives don't realise what they have, that has saddened me reading that, i wish i would have joined the board a lot sooner, besides my mum and my wife i haven't discussed our loss with any body really...

The loss of the expectation of a new life is always a sad event . . . even if your child didn't survive to be held in your arms doesn't mean that that life was any less precious. I worked as a nurse for 42yrs. and the past 20 exclusively with Intensive care babies who many never would have survived years ago . . . but each life is meaningful despite how long it lasts. Your baby will always survive in your memory . . .

Thank you Judy. What makes it worse is that we are in March now...our child would have been born in 2 or 3 weeks...

We have vowed to each other to try again though !

I just still can't help thinking what would have been... :cry:
jellybelly

Postby Hydebound » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Don't give up, jb. You'll get through it and be stronger than ever. Blessings to both of you.
Hydebound

Postby Mbwun » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm

It's been four years today since you left us. I still miss you, and think of you every day.

At the rising of the sun and its going down, we remember you.
At the blowing of the wind and the chill of Winter, we remember you.
At the opening of the buds and in the rebirth of Spring, we remember you.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of Summer, we remember you.
At the rustling of the leaves and in the beauty of Autumn, we remember you.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends, we remember you.
As long as we live, You too will live; for you are now a part of us,
as we remember you, for now and forever, Amen.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:48 pm

He's been gone for five years now. I still think of him often, but his memory no longer enters my mind every day. This is the first year that the impending anniversary of his death hasn't made me feel an overwhelming depression. It still makes me sad though.

Those we love don't go away. They walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and forever dear.

Loving memories never die, as years roll on and days pass by.
In our hearts a memory is kept, of ones we loved and will never forget.

Until I take my final breath, you will live in my heart.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby SickThing » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:03 am

Hard to believe it's been five years!

Thinking of you....

Hunter
SickThing

Postby krista in ma » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:23 am

Whenever I see something online about space and stars, I think of how excited he was about sharing with us the exciting photos and links he seemed to find of the universe :(
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 pm

One of a kind. I love truly unique people, and Steely was that!
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Fri May 02, 2014 4:46 pm

For Simon, because I think he would have loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvKBPr71dhA

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Cawdorgraves » Sat May 31, 2014 4:50 am

I again have been out of the loop. And saw this post today.

When this forum was booming pre-2006 Facebook craze I must say that Steelclaw32 was quite an active individual in this forum.

Fair well and I hope you are able to enjoy reading your Slade novels on the other side.

R.I.P. Steelclaw32

CG
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby Mbwun » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Gone, but not forgotten. It's been six years now since he was taken away from us.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say goodbye,
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God can tell us why.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Random Notes