The Seven Letter Word Game

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Re: The Seven Letter Word Game

Postby Mbwun » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

As the board EXPIRES, I'd have to admit that, in many ways, it sort of died for me the day Simon died. He was, to a great extent, the one who was keeping it alive in the months prior to his death. I'm sort of surprised that a modicum of activity has survived here as long as it has.

I've always had the feeling that he knew it was dying at the time. He'd joined many other reading related message boards in the year or two prior to his death - I believe, in an effort to find some other place that could be his "warm, well lighted place" as Slade has put it.

There had been a slow, dwindling down of participation here in the year or two before he died, but a much quicker exodus happened afterwards.

To the three of you, it's been a slice. Keep on keeping on.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:13 am

Oh dear.. We have no UMPIRES now...

I shall still be around...

Mainly because i cannot find the website he speaks of.. Only the twittet blog and the facebook thingy..

And i think for new people to Slade we should keep it open
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Oh well, with no umpires to complain when some of the newer game rules aren't obeyed, you can go back to what you ASPIRED to do in the past, by submitting more than one seven letter word in a post.

I'll keep posting if you keep posting. And maybe one day one, or both of them will decide to return.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:08 pm

I am.not INSPIRED to break the new rules...

I promise...
A pinkie promise
Which in the old days meant that if you broke the promise you lost your pinkie..
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:44 pm

You've posted an 8 letter word there dt. Better try again.

Meanwhile, what do you think of this granny serial killer in Russia, that some of your media have dubbed Grannibal Lecter? I wonder if Slade will use her as novel fodder.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:15 pm

How about UMPIRED??

and havent heard of her..
Will go.and look

And as long as she isnt given the death penalty it maybe better and warmer for her in a nice prison
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:04 pm

I see by your post on Facebook that you've figured out who she is. I wonder if her house has been GLAIRED yet?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 pm

It would seem our thread, is truly dead.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby The Doctor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:40 am

Any idea why WONDERS is a good word to use???
The Doctor

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 am

Ive GLANCED at the future and wondered if the rewrite of Ripper will have the Ripper theory or a new one
dreab trawets

Postby The Doctor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:10 pm

I knew it would get missed. WONDERS is REDSNOW don't you know!
The Doctor

Postby dreab trawets » Sun May 08, 2016 7:03 pm

I had a bed dream last night.
Not a good bad dream, but a bad bad dream.

Slade was GLAMMED up in platforms and sequins from the 70's dancing to Staying Alive, with blood down his suit.
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 pm

LOL

Are you trying to rustle up a GLIMMER of hope that this thread can be resurrected?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Mon May 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Merely a GLIMPSE into the forum..

But who knows
dreab trawets

Previous

Return to Random Notes