The Seven Letter Word Game

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

The Seven Letter Word Game

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

We start out with a seven letter long word and use the following rules to play:

- Change up to three letters
- Remaining letters must be kept in their original positions.
- If two people post a response to the same word, the next poster may choose which to reply to.
- If a word is disputed, it will be deemed valid if a google search on that word returns at least 10,000 pages. (just kidding) But poster must give proof of validity if the word is disputed.
- Proper nouns are considered to be valid.
- If a word is found to be invalid, the next poster has the option of continuing with the invalid word, or using the last valid word.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Note: At the time of condensing, this thread contained 2,531 posts. The game continues anew.

The Admins

dreab trawets' last entry follows:

In case you get BLINDED by their claws
Last edited by dreab trawets on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 am

THAT MANY THREADS???

Ok, who can remember all the words we used...

My mind is BLANKED..like a BLANKET has been thrown over it...
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:31 am

True, but it gives you carte BLANCHE to use them again in different ways. After all, it's a game.
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 am

Oh I agree...
A TRANCHE of new words may bring people back..
dreab trawets

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am

Ok, me bad... TRANCHE means something different than what i thought.

Is the snow all CRUNCHY where you are Mr Slade..

Thick and crisp and even, as it were..
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 pm

If Mr. Slade is in Vancouver, then there's not a spot of snow anywhere around him. That cold, snowy, winter they were telling us we would be getting this year has just not materialized on the West Coast ... yet.

All in all, considering what's been going on - weatherwise - in the rest of the world, we have nothing to be GROUCHY about here.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Seems as if the board is in the TROUGHS of winter blues..
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Who would have THOUGHT the board would ever get this dead?

It's sad really.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Hydebound » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Chalk it up to a late-winter DROUGHT of enthusiasm.
Hydebound

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Always FRAUGHT with danger.. the winter blues...
dreab trawets

Postby Hydebound » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 am

I know I've spent the last few months feeling like I'd been FRAGGED by Satans' Soul Grenades...
Hydebound

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am

If I ever form a band, that will be its name...

Hope everything has calmed down for you now... and you don't feel as FRAGILE..

(So wanted to put FRAGGLE..., Love that show.... the original with fulton Mackay....
The trash heap has spoken....)
dreab trawets

Postby dreab trawets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:23 pm

IMAGINE the joy..
My two girls, listening to different songs on their separate MP3 players..
And singing just off key..
dreab trawets

Postby Mbwun » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

A sight as beautiful as an OPALINE stone.

Saw the pics you posted to FB yesterday. Did you have the girls with you at work?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Next

Return to Random Notes