Random Thoughts Deux

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Re: Random Thoughts Deux

Postby PohlSE » Tue May 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Baidhnobas wrote:Soooo....

It's almost June and I still haven't caught up with January. In some areas I haven't even caught up with five years ago. Things just got out from under me, the way they do, and I have not had time or inclination to be around. But now I am back. And I am pissed.

But that's kind of default emotion for me anyway.

Tell me about it! Where the hell has the year gone?

Yes, Monday was a holiday here. One that may have cost me my job! :)
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Mbwun » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:10 pm

I am so sad. Just learned that one of my favourite authors, Paul Sussman, died of an ruptured aneurysm on Thursday. His thrillers were brilliant, and he was such an entertaining person.

He was only 44 years old, and leaves behind a wife and two young children.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:19 am

It looks like i.am.sladist got an anonymous mention elsewhere on the web:

http://www.murderati.com/blog/2011/6/14 ... rence.html

Look below the picture of Slade with an Asian woman that I have no idea who she is.

On second thought, it looks as if that may be Tess Gerritsen.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Baidhnobas » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm

I've seen that before...has someone linked to it elsewhere on this site? (nice avatar, by the way.)

Yesterday I got a fairly rude text from a former roommate. Kid sister tells me: "You should text back FU, CKU."
Me: "What's CKU?"
Sister: "What?"
That took both of us a minute to sort out.
Immorality I know. Immortality I cannot judge.
Baidhnobas

Location: Lost. After a while one circle of Hell looks pretty much like another.

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm

So, here I am in America, residing gently in best western, and thinking yep, that's Sladist..

But why didn't she mention the guy from Britain?
Tall, handsome, suave, sophisticated..

Is it because I didn't fawn over here, and actually said I didn't like her first book, because of the ending...

i.am.Sladist: I'm keeping him! They can't have him back, I'm keeping him! I'm going to tie him up and keep him here with me! MINE! MINE! MINE!
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 pm

dreab trawets wrote:But why didn't she mention the guy from Britain?
Tall, handsome, suave, sophisticated..

You forgot to mention full of 'u's! :wink:

The avatar is a photo of the late, great, Sharon Tate Polanski - definitely one of the most beautiful women to ever grace Hollywood. I don't think she was capable of taking a bad picture.

Damn that Charles Manson. I'd like to smash him and all of his followers' faces in for what they did.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby i.am.sladist » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Mbwun, that is Tessy. Can't tell you what a pleasure it was meeting her ...
(i.am.sladist rolls her eyes....)
That was posted after bloody words, a story that was in one of the local papers about the event. I recall we were interviewed by a journalist but don't know what came of it. I think it was for the radio.

Anyway .... How do Sladists spend their holiday?
Today was lovely! A near perfect day!
First we went to the cemetery.
Then an early lunch of Italian cuisine at The Olive Garden.
Then a lazy afternoon lounging in bed watching tv about serial killers.
And now I shall expose DT to one of my favourite eateries....
ARBY'S!!!!
Americas Roast Beef, Yes Sir!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby dreab trawets » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Hmmmm.

Let's see if it comes up to British Roast beef standards
Bet they don't have yorkshire pudding.

Sacrilege!!!!!
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, and ghosts at The Black Swan in York:

http://www.blackswanyork.com/

http://www.blackswanyork.com/ourhistory

Hauntings:

The Black Swan has a number of ghosts, both in the public area and in the landlord’s accommodation.

One of the ‘regulars’ is a workman in a bowler hat who fidgets and tuts, giving the impression he is waiting for someone. He then gradually fades away, while he is being watched, or walks from room to room appearing to look for somebody. The ghost would therefore have to date to after 1850, when bowler hats were introduced, and the overall impression he gives is said to resemble Charlie Chaplin.

Another frequently seen ghost is a young woman in a long white dress, she stands at the bar in the back room gazing into the fireplace, but there is a discrepancy here as her hair has been said to be both long, flaxen and glowing slightly, and long, black and hiding her face.

There is also the rather disconcerting apparition is a pair of man’s legs, seen wandering round the staff quarters, and descending a staircase.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:31 pm

How was the roast beef dinner, DT?

Did you get Yorkshire Pudding?

There's a family restaurant here that's part of a chain that serves up a very tasty Roast Beef dinner plate for a rather reasonable price, including Yorkshire Pudding. The abc Country Restaurant. They have locations in Alberta and BC.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:09 am

It's was ARBY's so roast beef.. in a hamburger roll.
The horseradish sauce was pretty good, once I spread it on the bun.

It was food..

But no Yorkshire pudding, or gravy, or veggies, or roast potatoes.
But hey, they kicked us out, so they didn't get the proper recipe..
dreab trawets

Postby PohlSE » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:21 am

Arby's?!

Out of all the things you could feed an Englishman?

I ended up at a Cajun restaurant this weekend eating gator tail, boudin, and étouffée.

Try feeding him that, Sladist, he'll burst into flames! ;)
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby i.am.sladist » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 pm

This is Jersey, we don't have that. And alligator is not on my list of edible animals. So far we've had a kick ass burger at Red Robin (yummmm!), a nice Italian lunch at The Olive Garden, we went to the buffet and left there happy! All of which was better than his plan which was Man vs Food at Dunkin Donuts. He wants to try and eat one of each donuts. I keep telling him that may kill him but he's aan on a mission!

Friday, we went to the movies and saw a double feature, Prometheus and The Avengers.
Prometheus was awesome! The Avengers, not so much....
We will wait a few days before we put up a spoiler thread! Well worth seeing!
I am Evil.
I am Woman.
I am Sladist.
i.am.sladist

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, at least you were only subjected to Arby's food, DT. It could have been a whole lot worse:

http://gawker.com/lawsuits/

:scared0:

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Olive Garden is pretty good. When mom and I go out shopping for the day we often go there and have their all you can eat soup, salad, and breadsticks. That is, until I found the recipe for their Zuppa Toscana online, and mom started making it at home.

And all those breadsticks aren't very good for my blood sugar level now either.

Seems a few things are pretty much out - foodwise - for me now that I'm trying to keep my blood sugar levels under control ...

Mom made spaghetti with meat sauce for the family dinner we often have on Saturday nights, when my sister and her husband come over for the evening. I haven't had spaghetti since I found out how bad my sugar levels were. The next morning my fasting glucose level was 8.1 - not good. I guess the times I have that for a meal are going to be few and far between from now on.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

PreviousNext

Return to Random Notes