Christmas 2012, and New Years 2013

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Christmas 2012, and New Years 2013

Postby Mbwun » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 pm

I didn't know whether I should bother starting a Christmas thread, but decided to do so anyway.

Just thought I'd pass on wishes for a Happy Christmas to Slade, and all my fellow Sladists! Here's to you all having a wonderful time with family and friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvWPBz9mZy0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaHPND2QJg
Last edited by Mbwun on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Re: Christmas Thread 2012

Postby EZ Rhino » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:41 am

Merry Christmas, Mbwun! Here's The Donnas with 'Christmas Wrapping':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL254Xh0K4

I reckon it's about time we heard news of a new Slade novel release date soon. Been a couple of years since the last one.
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Re: Christmas 2012, and New Years 2013

Postby Mbwun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Made this a dual purpose thread.

Would like to wish Slade, and all my fellow Sladists a Happy New Year!

Keep it safe tonight.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Happy New Year, Sladists!

2013 is when you'll see the past few months of hard work surface for you to experience.

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 am

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !

Hope you had a safe one, I was home reading. :lollol:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm

I spent mine watching STORAGE WARS, of all things.

This, on the other hand, was Slade's New Year's Eve, as posted to Twitter:

With a pounding head, I begin 2013 in a poetic mood. Remember what poet Frost said about "Two roads diverged in a wood?" Well, last night...

...I was faced with poet Auden's choice: "The only way to spend New Year’s Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel..."

..."When I became a man, I put away childish things" (1 Corinthians 13)...like getting hammered on New Year's. There comes a point when...

...the high of 1 more drink is never worth the depths of the hangover. You become a "responsible drinker," swapping quality for quantity...

So, partly influenced by my wife, I chose the New Year's path to "quietly with friends" instead of "in a brothel." All went well until...

...our hosts suggested, "Let's play Rummoli": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rummoli Note: "The game is usually played for fun, or for small stakes." Skill...

...plays no part, it all boils down to chance. But somehow the game turned cutthroat, and my glass got filled repeatedly to dull my edge...

...until sometime early in the morning, my dehydrated voice cried out for a glass of water. That, of course, led to harmonizing the old...

...cowboy classic "Cool Water" - as sung by Slim Whitman - with me trying to beat him on the high notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRvqS5T1UFw

...I woke up after noon thinking: "I shoulda gone to a brothel!" So here I sit, in pain, starting 2013 with a little writing. And luckily...

...since misery likes company, I had put off writing the next novel's torture scene for inspiration like this. Happy New Year, everyone!

Slade, Slade, Slade, Slade, Slade!
Tsk, tsk!

:shock:

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Hydebound » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 pm

"Torture SCENE"; singular? Hmmm. Happy New Year, everyone!!!
Hydebound

Postby PohlSE » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Mine was spent blissfully with just close family...

And a MMORPG I've taken a liking to. :oops:

>Covering face in shame<
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Brrrrrrr it's cold!

I think Steely would be amused to hear that I've been spending a lot of time huddled over the skirting board heater in this here room where my computer is in the house. We have radiant in-floor heat on the main floor, and in the basement, but electric heat rads here on the second floor.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Return to Random Notes