what's in a name????

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Postby PohlSE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:50 am

After all these great stories I honestly feel like I should have put more effort into selecting my "handle." Hell, even an obvious play on the name, like "Pohlcat," seems tame by comparison. :)
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby kit » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 pm

TF -- I really think you should market the name, invent a candy -- twistdfigit midgets -- wouldn't that go over big at the movie concession stands?

*a buddy tells me I get my imagination from being last born with no close sibling playmates* kit
kit

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 05, 2006 5:17 pm

Well, there is really no great mystery to my name, it is just the one my mother gave me. I was not in a very creative state of mind when I signed up :lol:

Liz
Elizabeth

Postby LivingDeadGirl » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:06 am

Wow, what a small world, perhaps Squeeze is a distant relative? My last name is Limon (just like Lemon but with an I instead of an e). And yes, I too have heard all of the "lemon" jokes and get called "Lymon" and "Sprite" because it's lemon, lime.
Pleasure is the child of pain
LivingDeadGirl

Postby Wayne R. » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 pm

I think I've said this before, here or elsewhere, I dunno.
Anyhow, it's my name. I've never really had or suffered a nickname, 'Wayne' doesn't get shortened or changed much ("Oi, Whuh!" No, doesn't work).
Also, making something up means I've got to try and remember another damn thing, which isn't my strong suit. And whatever I dream up/adapt/steal might not sound so cool to me in a few months' time. Or even the next day.
"If the monkeys can't peel bananas, why teach them rocket science?" - Verbatim reply from a Deputy Director at my former employers' when asked about training.
Wayne R.

Postby kit » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:12 pm

My son is notorious for forgetting passwords --- he finally came up with one he thought there was no way in hades he'ld forget --- he even told his sister and I what it was and we agreed it would be hard to forget it.

Well, sure enough, he went to the computer and was gonna sign in -- now, the guy isn't stupid or mentally deficient but he forgot what he changed the password to.

his sister and I both started laughing and said "Kevin!??" He looked up and said "what?"
"no, dufus, your password is your name, you know, the one you'ld never forget."
kit

Postby simonkurt » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:04 pm

First two real names. No imagination. Will forget any made up name.

Sorry.

S
simonkurt

Postby MrEd » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 pm

My given name is Edgar, so my wife picked "MrEd" for my "on-line" name when she finally talked me into getting involved in all this internet stuff about 4-5 years ago. Being as she considers me a giant horse's ass, she says the screen name is totally apropos.
"One that will not reason is a bigot. One that cannot reason is an ignoramus. One that dares not reason is a slave." - Anon
MrEd

Postby Sabaism » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Well according to some dictionary I had mine means "The worship of heavenly bodies."

Not into stars or planets or anything like that, so I used my own defination of 'heavenly bodies'. :twisted:

Now it seems I can't find it anywhere. So now I think I made it up. Or something. Link below is the closest I could find.

http://www.ccel.org/s/schaff/encyc/ency ... ii.xxi.htm
Sabaism

Postby j » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:33 am

J is the initial of my first name.

Yep, I know... wasn't feeling very creative (at 4am) when I joined the old board and couldn't see much reason to change it on the new one! :roll:
j

Postby SqueezeRLZ » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:06 pm

LivingDeadGirl- you're a Limon too?? I'm a Lemons- close enough for gov't work though. I'd love to claim you as my long lost cousin.

I like the idea of maybe my handle should be SqueezeRLZMafus!! Ha ha ha! (He just lets me think I'm the boss)

PohlSE- I always read your handle as "POLICE" and thought that maybe you were in law enforcement. :idea:

RushGrrl- nicest lady (and so pretty!) you ever want to meet- but don't even think about messing with her.
"Six pins, Dolores! Six pins, not five! "
SqueezeRLZ

Postby PohlSE » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:34 am

PohlSE- I always read your handle as "POLICE" and thought that maybe you were in law enforcement. Idea

Nothing so exciting I'm afraid (or as socially redeeming :) ).

RushGrrl- nicest lady (and so pretty!) you ever want to meet- but don't even think about messing with her.

Good rule of thumb: never mess with anyone who can kick your ass. :lol:

In first grade I got beaten up by a girl in front of the entire school. I was humiliated, mortified, and strangly excited. :wink:
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:22 am

I'm sure I've told you this, but in case I haven't...

My car has an electronic voice that disciplines me if I do something wrong. "Left door is open." "Lights are on."

My reply is always the same...

"Yes, Suzannah."
Slade

Postby WaywardSoul » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:09 pm

PohlSE wrote:In first grade I got beaten up by a girl in front of the entire school. I was humiliated, mortified, and strangly excited. :wink:

She was at least a third-grader, right? :P
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa
WaywardSoul

Postby PohlSE » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:18 pm

WW wrote:She was at least a third-grader, right?

I wish! She was in the same class and the same age -- So I got to hear about it for weeks. :(

I think I finally lived it down by High School...

Slade wrote:"Yes, Suzannah."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PohlSE
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Random Notes