Neat Stuff!

Polls, funny pictures, jokes, must-see websites, personal announcements, you name it...

Re: Neat Stuff!

Postby Mbwun » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby EZ Rhino » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:01 am

Guys either get annoyed and hope that their girlfriends never hear about this kind of thing or they get inspired for a little while and wonder if they could dream up something to match or surpass this gesture!

Do women secretly hope that their guy has some grand scenario planned? Do women fantasize about that happening to them?
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Mbwun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, maybe it's because I'm getting older, but, most of these Grand Scenarios I see shown online, or on tv ... I think I'd be freakin' embarrassed to be proposed to in that way. But, this bit with the Kinder Egg ... I'd go for something like that.

I sure wouldn't go for one of these highly public proposals you see quite often these days. I'd prefer it to be a private thing, between the two of us. I wouldn't even want it to happen in front of my friends or family.
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Amazing skills with pencil sketches here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/WBNL9

The first picture is somewhat NSFW - ish.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:23 pm

My good friend Matthew Purdy, owner of Toy Traders here in Langley, BC - after being awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for his charitable work.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:05 pm

This post comes thanks to a comment by raasnio that showed up in my Facebook ticker. Thought some of you here might be interested.

http://www.cthulhulives.org/store/store ... dw-cd.html

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Meet my new obsession!

The Chateau de M' Nottebohm. Many sources online call it other names, such as ...

Chateau Notenboom ... Hof van Notenboom ... Chateau N. ... Hof van N., etc. There are even those that refer to it as Chateau Adams, I assume in homage THE ADDAMS FAMILY, due to it having a rather creepy persona in its now ruined state. Just love the way it looked in its heyday.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Went to the Clink museum in London with my girls last week.

And sort of in with dangerous women on Facebook..

http://www.executedtoday.com/2012/09/14 ... brownrigg/
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 pm

She was a real piece of work, wasn't she?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby EZ Rhino » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm

I did not know this:

"The Dutch Royal Family was given asylum by Canada during the war, and it was initially in gratitude for this that they began sending tulips. While in exile in Ottawa, Princess Juliana became pregnant with her daughter Margriet. When it came time for the delivery, the Canadian government temporarily declared the maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital to be international territory so that Margriet would inherit her mother's Dutch citizenship. In gratitude for Canada's hospitality to them during the occupation, the Royal Family sent Ottawa 100,000 tulip bulbs after the war ended. As her personal thanks for what they did for her daughter, Princess Juliana sent another 20,500 bulbs and asked that they be used for the hospital. She promised to send 10,000 more bulbs every year in perpetuity, and the Dutch Royal Family has honoured that promise to this day, nearly 70 years later. Another Dutch organization sends an additional 10,000 bulbs as a more general thank you for everything Canada did for the Netherlands during war, including the liberation.
The Canadian Tulip Festival happens every May in Ottawa when over a million tulips bloom."
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby Mbwun » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

I'd heard about that EZ. But it's still really neat! :)

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:05 pm

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Mbwun » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey, if that don't beat all. This board has a Birthdays section on it. Is that a new addition, or does it just appear when someone has a birthday?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby krista in ma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Mbwun wrote:Hey, if that don't beat all. This board has a Birthdays section on it. Is that a new addition, or does it just appear when someone has a birthday?

Where did you see that Mbwun?
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

PreviousNext

Return to Random Notes