Slade's gone MySpace?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Slade's gone MySpace?

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I got a MySpace Friend Invite from someone calling themself Slade today:

http://www.myspace.com/386177519

Sure hope it's you Slade - if not, I'll be uninviting myself.

If it is you - well - now we need to get you on FaceBook. :D
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Mbwun,

Yes, that's me, but PohlSE set it up.

And isn't there a FaceBook going, too?

Slade
Slade

Postby Melanie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:21 pm

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.
Melanie

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:25 pm

Yes, there's a FaceBook group for Michael Slade going - I just thought you'd set up the MySpace thing up for yourself as your own personal MySpace page.

Can you see the FaceBook group if you're not registered and logged into FaceBook?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 9962996891
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby PohlSE » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:32 pm

So, if any of the Sladists are on Facebook or MySpace check out the Michael Slade pages on both sites and join the group (on Facebook) or add Slade as a friend (on MySpace).

...And keep spreading the word. Not just about the Facebook and MySpace pages but about SpecialX.net, too! The more Sladists join in the better it is for all of the Sladists!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby moonflee » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:27 pm

You are now my "friend".
Nothing’s so loud
As hearing when we lie
The truth is not kind
And you’ve said neither am I
- toad the wet sprocket
moonflee

Myspace?????

Postby Judy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 am

Well I think I did this right . . . I've added you as a friend Slade . . . :roll: :shock: :twisted:
Judy

Postby dreab trawets » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:42 pm

Last time i looked 91 personages on the MYSPACE page, including authors, shouting about their new book too.

:D :D :D :D :D
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 am

dreab trawets wrote:Last time i looked 91 personages on the MYSPACE page, including authors, shouting about their new book too.

:D :D :D :D :D

I saw that too. It's got me wondering if a MySpace page would be a good thing for another of my favourite authors, Jack Whyte?

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:26 am

Looked up Jack Whyte on Amazon, then ABEBOOKS. How many books has he written??? and which one to start with in the CAMULOD CHRONLICLES.

Also being of sound mind, and excellent goodtaste, have you read any of the other books by the authors listed.

Infact has anybody out there read some of the books.

:?: :?:
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:38 am

dreab trawets,

Re: The Camulod Chronicles

The order to be read in is:

1. The Skystone
2. The Singing Sword
3. The Eagles' Brood
4. The Saxon Shore
5. The Fort at River's Bend
6. The Sorcerer
7. The Lance Thrower
8. The Eagle

Uther can be read at any time after you've read The Eagles' Brood - it is a parallel and companion volume to the series, and covers the same time period as that which is covered in The Eagles' Brood, but from a different perspective. (The series is narrated by one of the characters, Uther is told in the third person.)

This is a most wonderful Arthurian series. It is true Historical Fiction, and not Fantasy (but you'll find it in the Fantasy section of Chapters for some strange reason), and reads as if it really could be a history of England in the Dark Ages. Merlyn comes by his reputation as a sorcerer by very grounded in reality means - there's no magic involved.

And, by the way, Jack is pretty good friends with Slade here. They've even done some stuff together at the Surrey International Writer's Conference.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:48 am

Thank you....
Will buy the Skystone, and let you know...

94 NOW.

Damn this Slade guy is popular!!!!
dreab trawets

Postby PohlSE » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 pm

108 this morning....

Lots of writers and film makers are Slade fans!
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Mbwun » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:23 pm

159 now.

Do these people just find the page, or are they invited in most cases? If invites have been sent (as in the case of how I found out about it), how does one go about finding the people to send invites to?

I'm curious, as I received an e-mail from Jack Whyte's webmaster today - he thinks a MySpace page might be a good idea for Jack. (Yes, I e-mailed him about it - he's going to talk to Jack about it.)

I'm wondering if there's many Historical Fiction authors on MySpace, since those joining Slade's page seem to be Horror/Mystery/Thriller authors. I guess I could go for the Fantasy aspect of it, since places like Chapters seem to have lumped Jack's books into the Fantasy section (even though they absolutely are NOT Fantasy).

Inquiring minds want to know.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:30 pm

161 NOW

And in a moment of madness yesterday i went and bought
EYE OF THE MOON, and THE BOOK WITH NO NAME BY ANONYMOUS
WOLFS TRAP BY GAGLIANI
SKY STONES BY JACK WHITE (GOOD CALL MBWUN)

And the Hard back addition of Ripper

Anybody read Wolfs trap, and Anonymous books, any comments

[/img]
dreab trawets

Next

Return to Sladists Welcome!