Sladists Unite!

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Sladists Unite!

Postby specialx » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:47 am

Here's where you can write about yourself. Even if you had already done it in the "old" forum, you're welcome to introduce yourself again...

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby Mbwun » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:19 am

Hi,

My name is Cathy and today (April 2) is my 44th birthday. I live just a hop, skip, and a jump from Slade's place of domicile, and I'm currently unemployed and looking for a job in the field of bookkeeping.

I'm trying to set up my own bookkeeping business, but so far, with no success. I'm also working on a book about the shipwreck that my great-grandfather went down on - the wreck of the CPR steamship Princess Sophia.

My taste in books runs the gamut, from gorey police procedurals like those that Slade writes, to the historical Arthurian fiction of Jack Whyte - coincidentally another BC writer.

I'm single, never married, and I have no children. And, with the exception of three summers spent living and working in the Yukon Territory, I've lived here in the Vancouver area all my life.
Last edited by Mbwun on Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Rush_Grrl » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:21 am

Happy Birthdaaaaaaay Mbwun!!

I am glad Eric put this topic back here - I have read your pists for quite some time and didn't know any of this. Very cool.

I will bore all of you to tears with my info later!

Hope you had a great b-day!!!

Rush
Rush_Grrl

Postby steelclaw32 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:37 am

Happy Birthday Mbwun, old girl And may your shadow never grow short! 8) :wink:

:P 8)
steelclaw32
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 5.
steelclaw32

Postby TBLightning492 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:51 am

Happy Birthday Mbwun (ok, so I'm a day late).

Hmmm....a little about me.
I work as a retail zombie in the most exciting part of Northwest Ohio (not kidding, it's mostly fields and Lake Erie). Good old Toledo, AKA the Glass City. When I'm not catering to the needs of the average consumer's ego I am either reading or writing. Currently I am putting the finishing touches on the final draft of my first novel, and hope to eventually find a publisher.
Eventually, and Commissioner Bettman-willing, I'd like to resume watching the NHL.
And Michael Slade is my dirty secret. Since I can't actually harm stupid and ignorant customers, his books provide a safe haven for my overactive imagination. God bless Slade. And hockey. In fact, God bless everything about my neighbors to the north.
TBLightning492

Postby moonflee » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:01 pm

Happy Birthday Mbwun!

Hope you had a great day!
moonflee

Postby krista in ma » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:50 pm

moonflee -how did you get a moving picture / movie as your avatar? is it done the same way as a still, but just a .mov file or something?

happy belated bday mbwun!!!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby moonflee » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:25 pm

krista in ma wrote:moonflee -how did you get a moving picture / movie as your avatar? is it done the same way as a still, but just a .mov file or something?

It's a .gif file.
moonflee

Postby Mbwun » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Thanks for all the birthday wishes you guys!

I think we should steer this thread back towards the intention for which it was originally created, though.

So let's hear a little about all of you! :D
Last edited by Mbwun on Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby moonflee » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:29 pm

Okay I didn't do this on the "old" forum so here goes:

The real name's Jim.

I'm of Polish decent - my great grandparents came to the New World in the early 1900's.

I was born while Richard Milhouse Nixon was the President of the U.S. or if you remember from the "old" forum I turn the same age as Rush this year.

I've been married for ten years and had my first child, a daughter, three weeks ago.

I've worked at the same establishment, a hospital, since college. Job title is Analyst, but that means: accounting, purchasing - you name it I probably do it. Can't leave - health insurance is good and I get over six weeks off a year. Damn seniority. I'll probably die working there.

Love traveling - hopefully mini moonflee will too, reading - have been into a more horror mode since Horrorfind last year, but my interests run the gamut, and attending concerts, plays, etc.

Huge hockey fan, but at the moment no NHL. Usually win the fantasy hockey I get into. :lol:

Prefer Jack Daniel's chased with some NewCastle Beer.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
moonflee

Postby Starra » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:16 pm

My real name is Lori.
<--------------------- That's really me, though I'm considerably less blurry in real life.

I've lived in Vancouver, BC, Canada for about 18 months and like everyone else in BC, other than Mbwun, I'm originally from somewhere else. Ontario, Canada to be general.

A guy I was dating last summer gave me the book "Ghoul" as a challenge. I would read a couple of chapters, and then he would make me go out and find my way to all the Vancouver-area sites mentioned in those chapters. Slade is directly responsible for me knowing my way around this city.

I'm 30 (31 in July). I'm single. I was married for 7.5 hellish months back about 12 years ago. I'm getting married in October (we hope) to a wonderful American citizen, who can't marry me until he donates his mother a kidney. Which has been postponed twice due to health concerns about his mother.

I drink vodka Edited to add: Since we're naming names here - I prefer Stolychna or Finlandia, I can be found at Club 23 West almost every Friday getting my groove on. I like apples. I eat my weight in sushi every week. I work for a construction trade union though I am not a construction worker.

I'm writing a screenplay that Slade inspired with Cutthroat. It's about the limbic brain and this idea that one could pass down "genetic memories" in kind of a supernatural way.

Edited to add: Happy Belated Mbwun.
Last edited by Starra on Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starra

Postby TBLightning492 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:18 am

Well, since we're talking drinking, I'm a Killian's Irish Red sort of guy. I don't really touch the hard stuff all that often, but when I do it's Jack Daniel's. Otherwise, whiskey ends up in my chili to add flavor.
TBLightning492

Postby MarylandManson » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:03 am

Well, this message board is just so spanky new and white. It's great to be here!

I am Steve, a freelance writer/editor by trade. More recently I'm the full-time, stay-at-home father of two daughters, age 26 months and 12 months--the most rewarding and challenging thing I've ever done.

But most relevant here...I have an Illudium PU-37 Space Modula-tor, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Cheers! MM
MarylandManson
co-administrator

Postby Rush_Grrl » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:06 am

Ok ok, Mbwun, you are correct! I, like Moonflee, didn't do this on the last board, so here 'tis!

My real name is Cynthia; you can call me Cyn, but don't call me Cindy! I'll be 35 in August. Single, never married, probably won't get married, and have no kids.

Born in Jersey, to parents who are are Sicilian and Hungarian. Raised in Florida, spent most of my adult life there until 3 years ago when I moved to Houston then I moved to the DC area last July.

Let's just say I am with the government and I am here to help! Those who went to Horrorfind know the story. I don't care if you all know - you just probably wouldn't believe me if I wrote it here! :lol:

Discovered Slade when Headhunter hit the American bookshelves all those years ago, so I am a die hard Sladist!

I love horror films, travel, music (Rush is my #1). I play bass guitar, mostly rock and metal and I am working on learning some jazz.

My adult beverage of choice, when I can get it, is Zweic, a fine Polish beer. Any non-pilsner German beer works for me as well. And on rare occasions, I can be found sipping The Macallan.

I better quit while some of you are still awake....

Rush
Rush_Grrl

Postby raasnio » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:13 am

A short raasnio FAQ:

Born: 1972 in MI

Marital status: Married since 2001

Favorite soft drink: Coca~Cola

Favorite alcoholic beverages: Warsteiner Premium Dunkel, Beck's Dark, Heinekin, 1554

Favorite sport: Hockey, boxing & MMA

Favorite genre: horror

Favorite authors: H. P. Lovecraft, Clive Barker, Slade, Richard Laymon, Robert Devereaux, Preston & Child

Favorite tv shows: The Twilight Zone (original), South Park, true crime documentaries, The Ultimate Fighter, Battlestar Galactica & Penn & Teller's BS!

Favorite music genre: Electronic

Bands I listen to: Skinny Puppy, The Smiths, haujobb, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, COIL, Laibach, The Tear Garden, The Legendary Pink Dots, Robert Rich, Slayer, GWAR, The Pixies, Psychic TV, Pan Sonic, Venetian Snares, A Murder of Angels

(may be updated as I think of things)
Last edited by raasnio on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
raasnio
techno-guru / co-administrator

Next

Return to Sladists Welcome!