So what are reading these days?

Sladists are media maniacs...I mean lovers. Movies, Books, Music & Sports are all here.

Re: So what are reading these days?

Postby jellybelly » Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 am

Finishing off the last half a book of Beneath the bleeding by Val McDermid.

Received Kamikaze this morning which was a nice surprise...although i'll have to wait for Swastika to arrive first :evil:
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Sun May 27, 2012 9:00 pm

The Retribution by Val McDermid...the last Tony Hill book for now :cry:
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Mon May 28, 2012 11:50 am

Crucified arrived this morning...only Swastika and Red snow to wait for now and the collection will be complete :-)
jellybelly

Postby SickThing » Tue May 29, 2012 2:55 pm

I've forgotten who here is into audiobooks, but Audible just released the four books in Robert McCammon's historical fiction series:

RobertMcCammon.com: Audible releases the Matthew Corbett series as Audiobooks

Hunter
SickThing

Postby jellybelly » Tue May 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Finished the final Tony Hill book, The Retribution, good read but come on Val you can't leave us hanging like that ha,ha.

Reading Crucified by a certain Mr. Slade :-)
jellybelly

Postby Judy » Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 pm

I've been on an audible kick lately . . . for May so far I've listened to Tarquin Hall's THE CASE OF THE MISSING SERVANT & THE CASE OF THE MAN WHO DIED LAUGHING . . . he has a third in the series to be released shortly . . . I really enjoy listening to the reader of these 2 books. I don't think they would have been as entertaining if I had read a print copy. Finished listening to BONK . . . then GIDEON'S CORPSE by Preston and Child and CITIZENS OF LONDON by Lynne Olson. I have also acquired several of Jo Nesbo's releases and am wending my way through them. And I'm working on a recently re-released eBook of A. Christie COME, TELL ME HOW YOU LIVE about her experience in the Middle East with her second husband on one of his digs. This book hadn't be released in many years . . . and thanks to eBooks was released so those of us who never saw the original can enjoy reading this. I think she lead a perfectly exciting life . . . and even though she never thought anyone would be interested in her personal life . . . she is very funny at times in her descriptions. For someone who had no formal education she had such a great imagination . . . no wonder she came up with such memorable characters. :D :D :D
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby dlsevern » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Currently reading Under the Dome by Stephen King.
dlsevern

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Rereading GREEN RIVER RISING by Tim Willocks. I want to get fully back into his writing style while I wait for his novel DOGLANDS to arrive - had to special order it.

http://randomactsofreading.wordpress.co ... -more-too/

http://www.examiner.com/review/doglands-by-tim-willocks
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Judy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!! The reading public may get heard after all . . .

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit- ... es-forward

The greed of publishers and distributors is coming back to bite them you-know-where . . . it will be interesting to see where all this eventually ends . . . (basically the lawsuit is seeking to compensate e-book purchasers for losses incurred as a result of the alleged price-fixing scheme.) :ire: :twisted: :lollol:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Reading Swastika at the moment but as this picture shows i can now enjoy and 'finish' the Special X series up to it's current point in time... :mrgreen:
jellybelly

Postby Judy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:43 am

I'm so excited . . . I just visited my local library via my wifi connection on my new iPad and found that they have changed the way I can borrow eBooks and audio books from them. Now I can download them and read them in many formats . . . To my Kindle app or as an ePub book to read in other apps . . . All for FREE!!! I've bought a new iPad 3rd gen. and I'm in the process of loading my reading material to it because the retina display is soooo great. The book I checked out will be readable for 2 weeks . . . just as if I checked out the print edition from the library . . . it depends on how your library has set up this service. They have been working on this for some time. Wow . . . it's like having the library right in my bedroom . . . don't need to use gas to drive into town or try to find a parking place. :lollol:
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Slade » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Judy,

It's a whole new world...and Slade is on the cusp of entering it.

Wait till you see the ebook covers!

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Slade wrote:Judy,

It's a whole new world...and Slade is on the cusp of entering it.

Wait till you see the ebook covers!

Slade

And where my friend shall I find these covers for sale??????? In the iTunes store, at Amazon, or Barnes and Noble?????? I haven't seen that you have mentioned just where we can send prospective buyers to purchase these valuable tomes??????? :scratch:
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby jellybelly » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Finished Swastika and may i say, yet again Mr. Slade, it was another glorious read !

Well, 1 down, 2 to go...

Reading Kamikaze.
jellybelly

Postby jellybelly » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Ok, here i am, at journeys end.... :oops:

Finished and enjoyed, yet again, Kamikaze....

Red snow is ready to read...
jellybelly

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Media