RED SNOW E-Book

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

RED SNOW E-Book

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm

I know some of you thought it would never happen, but RED SNOW is now available as an e-book in the United States and Britain.

RED SNOW on Amazon US ($3.99): http://www.amazon.com/Red-Snow-SPECIAL- ... in_title_0

RED SNOW on Amazon UK (2.66 pounds): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Snow-SPECIA ... 902&sr=8-1

The other 13 novels will follow as they're converted.

And eventually, all the e-books will be up on all platforms.

American and British Sladists, please spread the word.

Slade
Slade

Re: RED SNOW E-Book

Postby Judy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 am

Slade wrote:I know some of you thought it would never happen, but RED SNOW is now available as an e-book in the United States and Britain.

RED SNOW on Amazon US ($3.99): http://www.amazon.com/Red-Snow-SPECIAL- ... in_title_0

RED SNOW on Amazon UK (2.66 pounds): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Snow-SPECIA ... 902&sr=8-1

The other 13 novels will follow as they're converted.

And eventually, all the e-books will be up on all platforms.

American and British Sladists, please spread the word.

Slade

I know, I know . . . I saw it for sale on Amazon last noc and ordered it for my Kindle app. and it now resides on my 3rd Gen. iPad in all it's glory.Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! I wasn't sure where it was going on sale . . . I have 9 different app. readers and they don't always play nice together. I was hoping that it was going to be available for the Nook (as I like their app best . . it gives me more options for changing the reading environment) and books bought from Amazon or the iTunes store are in Adobe reader DRM format and can't be transferred to another app.But my MOST favorite app is from Fictionwise which has now pretty much been left for dead since all the chaos caused by the attempted price fixing by those Big Five Publishers and Apple. I have over 200 books from them but they no longer have favorite popular authors since they've been locked out by the publishers. Ah well . . . I have books in many formats . . . and I intend to enjoy them all!!!!!!! :thnx: :thnx: :thnx:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby brinoles » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Thats great news. Can't wait till Red Snow is available for my Nook. Any idea when?
brinoles

Postby Slade » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Hopefully, this fall. The way Nook's setup, it creates a glitch for RED SNOW. Too complicated to explain.
Slade

Postby brinoles » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks for the info.
brinoles

Postby Slade » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:35 pm

FREE RED SNOW E-BOOK: Available for download today - September 12, 2012 - at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Red-Snow-SPECIAL- ... s=red+snow

Slade
Slade

Postby Judy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:33 pm

Slade wrote:FREE RED SNOW E-BOOK: Available for download today - September 12, 2012 - at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Red-Snow-SPECIAL- ... s=red+snow

Slade

I already bought it from Amazon . . . why didn't you advertise this freebee on Goodreads? I'm sure a lot of fans would have been interested . . .
I also noticed that CRUCIFIED was available for sale and I bought that as well . . . but you neglected to mention that here. I knew that once you started Tweeting and doing Facebook that we wouldn't see hide nor hair of you around here . . . Sigh......
:ire: :roll:
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Slade » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Not true, Judy.

Things are beginning to fall into rhythm...but it's like building an office before you can get down to business.

And EVERYTHING takes longer (with glitches) than you think it will.

As of Friday, all 14 Slade books were finally scanned from print to digital form (not e-books yet), but that's a BIG step.

Goodreads will have my focus when the dust settles.

Slade
Slade

Postby PohlSE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 pm

...And on a side note:

Amazon has released a new line of Kindle(s)!

Check it out.

With the new gen e readers here I may finally tip over the edge and buy in.

Of course the wife is loving have instant access to E-Slade on her Kindle touch, so she's always pushing me toward them, too.

I think the writing in finally on the wall...

...Or on the device as it were.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Postby Judy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 am

Well I have 9 reading apps on my iPad . . so I can read Kindle, Nook, iBooks, GooglePlay books, Zinio magazines,eReader books, Stanza formatted books, Overdrive media free from my public library, Bluefire, MegaReader and an Audible.com player for listening to recorded books. I'm ready for all of them . . . :lollol: :lollol: :lollol:
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 am

Show off!!!!
:lol:
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Early (2000) pioneer of E books, Stephen King to publish next book in paperback only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18278719

Intéressant ce n'est pas??
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Slade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:37 pm

d.t.,

The choices are basically these:

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/20/tech/ ... ?hpt=hp_c2

Choose wisely. Don't paint yourself into a corner.

Steve King has always enjoyed playing around with publishing platforms, as far back as CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF, available from 1983 to 1985 only as a "limited edition hardcover."

Paper publishers are in a panic over e-books and their effect on the classic Publishing Model.

When everything shakes down, e-books will rule.

Like Bill Clinton said at the Dem Convention: "It's arithmetic."

Slade
Slade

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:51 pm

As long as it comes as an Android app then I can handle any e reader on my pad computer.
And I refuse to be painted into a corner by Kindle, Apple, Nook, uncle tom cobbly and all

Rule of thumb for me and everybody I train to drive...

C.Y.A

Cover your arse.
dreab trawets

Postby Judy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Well, I had a Kobo app as well . . but had problems with an upgrade . . . after that issue I just deleted it altogether.

My next rant is purchasing an eBook . . . only to discover it has none of the photos that were in the original hardback copy of the book . . . and the people distributing the book give you NO notice the this version is abridged or modified from the original until after you purchase it. So far I have been able to get my money back . . but I have contacted a few authors via email and enquired if they were aware of this practice . . . stating the fact that when I buy a book . . it is with the expectation that I am purchasing the WHOLE book . . not a truncated, watered-down version of what was originally intended!!!

Publishers can't wait to get hooked up with the cash cow of ePublishing . . but they don't seem to want to do their homework to do what it takes to produce a quality product.
:ire: :ire: :ire:
Agatha Christie
Judy

Return to Sladists Welcome!