Slade's gone MySpace?

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Re: Slade's gone MySpace?

Postby jellybelly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:04 pm

I think i have managed to sign up, my laptops being a bit slow, please ignore the profile picture for now ha,ha, will delve into it more when i have more time :D
jellybelly

Postby Mbwun » Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Well, I added the SCRIBES video to the page, and cleaned up some disappeared images, as well as made some scans of my own book jackets so I could get some of the images a bit more uniform in size.

Honestly, I wish PohlSE would stop fiddling with the images on this website. :ire:

http://www.myspace.com/386177519
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Alas, Mbwun, it's me - not PohlSE - who is continually tweaking stuff on the Website.

Things get changed, modified, updated...like life, the site is always in a state of flux.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Aha!!!

So you're the guilty party, are you Slade? Sorry PohlSE.

I've now changed the banner at the top of the page to mirror the one at the top of the website's mainpage.

You're still getting the odd friend invite there too - I guess MySpace isn't completely dead yet.

By the way, the changes to the website are not very friendly with the Google Chrome I use for a browser. Some of the body text tends to overlap those links to sections of the website under the banner.

Some people's avatars overlap the text of their posts here on the message board too - unless I Ctrl- the picture on my monitor so small I can hardly read anything on it.

PohlSE ... I'm looking at you! hint, hint, hint

:shark:
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed May 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Mbwun,

I use Google Chrome too, and have no problem seeing things.

Perhaps your screen condenses?

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 pm

If anyone knows of any Slade-related links that might be a good add to the MySpace page, just let me know.

As for my problems viewing the site properly, if it's not an incompatibility with Google Chrome, then I don't know what could be - other than my having to Ctrl+ my screen in order to be able to read the text here without it giving me eye strain. Ctrl- it down some is just not an option for me if I was to avoid problems seeing the screen comfortably.

I guess I'll have to get me a nice big one of those new-fangled wide screen monitors in order to see things right online. Ever since I started using Windows 7, everything is a lot smaller, and a lot of websites just don't fit my screen as well.

I'm thinking that Windows 7 is geared to the 16:9 screen size ratio.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Wed May 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Mbwun,

A big screen makes a big difference.
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 am

I changed the board style I was using, and the avatars no longer encroach into the text of people's posts.

So, it would seem that the Cerulean style of board may need a bit of tweaking to make things looks better on it.

But, the words "MOUNTIE NOIR" on the mainpage of the website overlaps the bar that says "Home", "Novels", "Bio", etc. - no matter how much I Ctrl+ or Ctrl- my screen.

Same thing for the rest of the pages of the website - the words directly underneath that bar encroach upon the bar. And the words "Click to Buy" are right over the words on the bar.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Judy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 am

I find that I have to reload the page to make my choice turn out the way I have my settings.
An archaeologist is the best husband any woman can have: the older she gets, the more interested he is in her.
Agatha Christie
Judy

Postby Mbwun » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 am

I'm offline for over 2 months and when I come back on, there's still no link up put in place between the Myspace page, and Facebook and Twitter. I am disappoint! :(

Are ya waiting until you can get on New Myspace?

:shark:

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Mbwun,

You can't mix apples and oranges.

All authors separate "Official" sites that they control (and on which, therefore, the message is fact-checked) from "Fan" sites where someone else does the editing. Unless, of course, the author has no official sites.

In the beginning, both Facebook and MySpace were fan-run. But now there are official Facebook and Twitter sites, so those are linked from the Slade Webpage.

It's evolution.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Slade,

I've always been under the impression that you were the one who got the ball rolling at the time the Myspace page was created. As such, I've always thought it was an official page.

I only offered to go into it to fix it up, as it seemed that everyone associated with its beginnings was no longer interested in maintaining it, and thought it had gotten into a state of disrepair - after the last Myspace format change - that was a poor reflection of your body of work.

I've always considered myself to be merely a caretaker of the page, until such time as those of you who were behind the creation of it might want to take control of it again.

I guess I've been operating under a mistaken belief.

Although I've read that Myspace intends to keep Old Myspace and New Myspace as two separate entities, you just never know if that will change some day. And if New Myspace catches on with people, Old Myspace may benefit.

It still uses the same login information as it always has.

Mbwun

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Slade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Mbwun,

I'll turn my mind to all that as soon as I get a break from e-book conversion and preparing for SiWC.

Please be patient.

Slade
Slade

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm

It would appear that in the last day or two, Myspace has converted all the old accounts over to the New Myspace format. All the information that had been posted to our pages is now gone.

I guess we might as well just delete the accounts now, as what we have now seems to be a confusing mess.

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Previous

Return to Sladists Welcome!