Sladists Unite!

A place for Sladists to share their thoughts on Michael Slade and his work...

Re: Sladists Unite!

Postby EZ Rhino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:12 am

Glad to see you post again, Wayward Soul. Last year was a rough one for me but Slade and some other regulars posted stuff that really helped me out. Been patiently waiting for a new novel. Other than that...
I wish the media would report more on public service and charity news instead of gossip. It is of much greater value. - Jackie Chan
EZ Rhino

Postby WaywardSoul » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Hey EZ!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Been thru some major ups and downs myself the last couple of years. Keep choppin' wood, brother. Things are bound to get better.
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa
WaywardSoul

Postby krista in ma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Nice to see you around these parts WaywardSoul!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

Postby WaywardSoul » Thu May 02, 2013 1:33 am

Hi, krista!

Good to see you're still around too.
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa
WaywardSoul

Postby Faust » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello fellow Sladists,

My name is Trevor, a long time Slade fan who has read everything of his up to Crucified, which I'm enjoying right now. I live in North Vancouver with my wife and help run a distributor business of adult toys. My hobbies include drawing, comics, D&D and video games (mostly horror like Resident Evil or Outlast). Simply put, I'm a nerd at heart.

Being a horror fan, I'm also a Halloween enthusiast. Every year at Halloween my yard (front and back) is transformed into a display of zombies, werewolves, witches, giant spiders....well, you get the idea. We go nuts and it gets bigger every year. I'm still in the take-down process from last month and will be until the end of the year, then I'll start all over again in 2015!

My favorite Slade novel is Ghoul, with Headhunter and Primal Scream a close second and third. My least favorites were Burnt Bones and Death's Door - not saying they were bad (they weren't at all), I'm just not a fan of the uber villain Mephisto.

Great to be here, see you all on the forums!
Faust

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Pleasure to meet you sir..

D.T.
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Mbwun » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Welcome to the specialx.net message board Faust!

You're probably going to find not a whole lot goes on here other than the 7 Letter Word game though.

Slade does have a Facebook page and a Twitter account that he updates with interesting stuff. There's also a Facebook group.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Faust » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks D.T. and Mbwun. Alas, I'm not a social media guy so I will stick with SpecialX.net for my Slade updates. I did notice the inactivity on many of the threads, maybe I can resurrect a few.
Faust

Postby dreab trawets » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm

Some of them are very old..but resurrection should breath life into them..

Enjoy the varied thoughts and topics
“After my head has been chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment , the sound of my own blood gushing from my neck? That would be the best pleasure to end all pleasure. “
dreab trawets

Location: like someone had combined shrimp and tomato soup and then forgot to put the lid on the blender

Postby Cawdorgraves » Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm

I just re-read slades post on the previous page. Totally forgot about him meeting Rhamstein. Yet he teases about a new book being written :P

Was this truly a tease or is there a hard drive out there in the cloud or actual hard drive that houses such a new story.

Time shall tell...
------------------------------------------
D E F O R M A T O R Y
In The Wake Of Pestilence
https://deformatory.bigcartel.com
Cawdorgraves

Postby dreab trawets » Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Cawdorgraves wrote:I just re-read slades post on the previous page. Totally forgot about him meeting Rhamstein. Yet he teases about a new book being written :P

Was this truly a tease or is there a hard drive out there in the cloud or actual hard drive that houses such a new story.

Time shall tell...

look in the seven letter word game..

he posted something about Burke and Hare, and body snatching

so something is afoot, and maybe a hand
dreab trawets

Postby MattWieringo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Hey folks! I haven't posted in a loonnng time. I've long since forgotten the password to my previous account (Mafus) and my email address has changed at least once. But mostly, I'm ashamed because I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of RED SNOW yet and my Sladist card is on temporary suspension. But I wanted to poke my head in here and see how everyone's doing. I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts and see who's still here from the days of Rush Girl, MBWun and Marilyn Manson but I did see that Slade is posting on Twitter and was getting my fix there until now.

So...hello!
MattWieringo

Postby Mbwun » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi Matt! Glad to see you here. I'm afraid you won't find much of anyone around these parts anymore though. Haven't seen anyone from your era here in quite some time. The message board is pretty much dead these days.

I'm sure PohlSE or raasnio could probably fit you up with your old Mafus profile if you so choose.

I know you're on Facebook, as we're friends there. Don't know if you're aware, but Slade has a Facebook page he posts to ... https://www.facebook.com/MountieNoir?fref=ts

You really should work on getting that Sladist card back.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby MattWieringo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Hey there! Glad to see you're still here. We really need to drag Slade back down to Baltimore. Though I'm in Virginia, I find myself in Baltimore pretty often. And I owe quite a few of you a drink or two.

Yes, I'm making RED SNOW a priority. Now that I have a Kindle, there's no excuse.
MattWieringo

Postby krista in ma » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:06 am

Hi Matt! If I remember correctly, my sister and I carpooled with you, your wife, and one other Sladist (I'm drawing a blank on his name, but I remember his avatar being this weird face & octopus type thing that gave me the willies! haha) to that Baltimore event when we made our way to Poes grave. Hope all is well!
~ Spc. Byron W. Fouty, MI ~ Staff Sgt. Alex R. Jimenez, MA ~
They have served our nation; together they are home.
~ Staff Sgt. Keith Matthew Maupin ~
An American Son Returns Home
krista in ma

PreviousNext

Return to Sladists Welcome!