Forum woes

Please read before posting

Forum woes

Postby Mbwun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:44 pm

What exactly has been going on with the message board lately? I've been getting so many msqul error messages, and debug mode pages over the past couple of weeks, it's been difficult to actually get into here.

Today when it wasn't completely unavailable, for the most part you had to be logged out in order to view the board. It's been frustrating to say the least.
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby Rush_Grrl » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:47 pm

I think Special X has just given up on us! :shock: :P
Rush_Grrl

Postby specialx » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:22 pm

No Rush Girl.

I'm still here. It's the web hosting company that has been giving me stomach ulcers.

The said company offered me a solution and I'm waiting to see what raasnio thinks of it.

Cheers!

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby specialx » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:13 pm

Friends,

Yes, there were major bugs with the forum...and Specialx.net. In a word, the bugs were caused by a faulty/old/tired server used by my web hosting company. I asked the said company to transfer all the files to a brand new server...and they did. Now, everything should REALLY run smoothly. Thanks for your patience. Computers are supposed to make our lives easier...but they've given me a few more white hair... :wink:
Ciao!

Eric
specialx
Site Admin

Postby Mbwun » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Something just ain't right here ...

That's what my computer screen tells me when I try to go into a particular thread here - asking whether I really want to enter that thread.

As I reported a while back, I got a malware warning when I tried to go into the Sherlock Holmes film thread, and PohlSE got a similar thing when he tried to go in there.

Now I've seen a post by bloodyhands on Facebook that indicates he got a malware warning in one of the threads here. He can't remember which thread it was, but apparently it wasn't the Sherlock Holmes film thread.

Something funky must be going on with the message board, for more than one of us to be getting warnings when we're in here.

Shouldn't something be done about it, before Google does a crawl of the board, detects something, and then puts up one of those "this website may harm your computer" warnings on its web results for specialx.net?
How hard can it be? - Jeremy Clarkson
Make no mistake, this is a Supercar. Looks good .. goes fast .. nothing else matters. - Jeremy Clarkson

AMBITIOUS, BUT RUBBISH!
Mbwun

Postby PohlSE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Just because we aren't talking about it doesn't mean we aren't tracking down the issue.

Just keep letting us know where and when it happens...

And when it stops.
PohlSE
Webmaster

Return to Forum Rules & Updates